This is an original, signed etching by Uruguayan artist, Jorge Dumas.
Artist's Proof: A print, in addition to the edition, for the artist's personal use.
- Artist: Jorge Dumas
- Title: Solo LM
- Medium: Etching
- Artist's Proof LL
- Image Size: 19 ½ x 25 inches
- Date: 1972 LR
- Matboard: 3 inches wide, double-matted, with a black inner mat
- Frame: Silver colored metal, 26 &afrac34; by 32 ½ inches.
- Signed by the artist in pencil LR
- Condition of the piece: Excellent, some creasing of the sheet
- Condition of the frame: Excellent, does not have glass
- Certificate of Authenticity issued by Midwest Estate Buyers.
Jorge Dumas, (1928-1985) was born in Montevideo, Uruguay. When he was 16, Dumas began to study drawing at the "Taller Torres Garcia." In the same year, he also had his first exhibition in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Over the course of his career, Dumas worked as a set designer, an illustrator for the newspaper "El Labroso," and a drawing instructor. In the 1960s, Dumas collaborated on a mural at the Pan American Union building in Washington, D.C. In the 1970s, he began having his first solo exhibitions across North and South America.
Dumas' characters portray an inner strength and resilience. Their warm embrace would complement any room.
**To save on shipping, winning bidder may request item be sent without frame.