Offered here is a beautiful signed art print created by renowned American Artist, Leroy Neiman of MLB Hall of Famer, Johnny Bench. This sold-out, limited edition serigraph, produced in the 1970s and not currently available, features the great Cincinnati Reds catcher in all his glory. It has been hand signed by the artist and framed.
- Artist: Leroy Neiman
- Title: Johnny Bench
- Medium: Serigraph Print
- Date: 1970
- Numbered: 37/200
- Image Dimensions: 23 inches x 29 inches
- Frame Dimensions: 25 inches x 30 inches
- Signed by artist in pencil, LR corner
- Condition of Image: good, some slight wrinkling of the paper that will flatten with matting
- Condition of Metal Frame: has some scratching due to age. The glass is somewhat loose as well as the backing of the frame. Item should be re-framed
Known for his bright, colorful paintings and screen prints, LeRoy Neiman is probably one of the most popular painters and printmakers in America. Neiman explores contemporary leisure, all the pastimes and places people enjoy, and the world of sports and entertainment.
He is credited with reviving figure painting during the years of the abstract movement when the figure, and realism in general, were abandoned. Neiman paints with a technique that often starts with his own Impressionistic style and continues with a process that looks very similar to the action paintings of the Abstract Expressionists.
Neiman's works are held in the collections of both the Baseball and Football Halls of Fame, the Art Institute of Chicago, the Portland Museum of Art, The Hermitage Museum in Leningrad and universities throughout the United States.
Johnny Bench was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York in 1989.
- Here just a few of his career highlights:
- 2x World Series champion
- 2x NL MVP (1970, 1972)
- 1968 NL Rookie of the Year
- 1976 World Series MVP
- 10x Gold Glove Award winner
This is a unique work of art by an important artist of a pro sports legend!